Friday, January 2, 2015

2014... was ok

And now another end of year/beginning of year post. I've failed miserably on posting much at all this past year. In fact, I had 2 drafts saved from the summer which I failed to post and now it's just too late.

2014 was ok. Ups and downs as there are every year. Nothing super exciting but nothing super bad either. Just trying to think of what I did in 2014, and I can't really think of much. Is that good or bad?

Went to Hong Kong and Thailand. Skied some more. Bought new skis. Got into rock climbing. Went to a friend's wedding in Saratoga Springs. Parents came to visit me in Albany. Went to Montreal and finally ate at Au Pied de Cochon. Went to New York City and visited my girl friends. Went to visit Ben's parents and sister in Asheville and ate some awesome food, drank some delicious beer, and went to a spa. Visited some guy friends in DC. Went to Hong Kong (again) during Thanksgiving. Got in two days of skiing in December before the big thaw and rainstorms came in at the end of December. Had a relaxing Christmas and New Years in Boston and Albany.

Some obligatory photos:

Beautiful flowers this summer at Ben's house

 
Some delicious food that we cooked up this past year

Beautiful Robert Treman State Park in Ithaca

Let's see how I did compared to my goals last year: 

2014 Goals:
  • Be less judgmental of people, talk less shit about people behind their back - Ehh... I don't think I achieved this goal. D
  • Have better relations with family, both immediate and distant - I think I did okay at this. B
  • Be more appreciative of what I have, not be jealous of others - Uh, not really. C
  • Be more financially aware - I've been managing my stocks, IRA accounts, and been quite good at saving money. A
  • More personal reflection of my own goals & interests - Nope. F


Now, the 2015 goals:

1. Get stronger, build endurance. This means hitting the gym. I signed up for gym membership and I'm paying each month, so I better drag my ass there. Also, strength would help me improve my rock climbing, and I want to build endurance so I can ski for longer. Since I enjoy skiing and rock climbing, I need to remind myself of these goals every time so I can motivate myself to go to the gym.

2. Blog 3-4 times a year. Personal reflection is a good thing and I should do it more often. Since I failed this personal reflection goal last year, it's back.

3. Cook & eat healthy. With the exception of the holiday season, I've been doing pretty good at this. I would like to keep it up. Starting to track my calories/macros with MyFitnessPal this year, I think that it helps keep me aware of how much I am eating and adjust portion sizes accordingly.

4. Start drawing again. I don't think I'm terrible at drawing, and I started to get into it again last year but then didn't keep doing it this year. I would like to draw on a regular basis and maybe even have some worthy enough of framing up at art in the house.

5. Plan to have fun. Sometimes I get lazy and don't plan things, and then when things get boring or I feel like it's all work and no play, I get sad. I am a planner through and through, I love making to-do lists and checking things off. So I need to plan fun things to do every weekend, doesn't have to be big, but stuff that I can look forward to so that I can balance work and play in a better way.






2 comments:

  1. I've noticed a pattern. It's easier to keep something going (such as personal reflection/blogging) when there are other people participating with you, therefore I shall also aim to blog more often than twice a year to push us towards that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good :) You can hold me to my word and I'll hold you to yours. Accountability.

    ReplyDelete